How To Wash Memory Foam Pillow in Home
Stay clean and healthy sleep mainly depends on a clean pillow. A complete personal choice is your favorite bed pillow. Regular cleaning is a must whether it be a latex pillow or a solid memory foam pillow. It is also important to improve sleep quality and prevent allergies. Just give a thought. In your home, one of the most used items in your bed pillows. All the year round it gently supports your head.
The heat of summer, the dark night and so on. Naturally, it deserves as well as needs a good cleaning. Your loving super supportive memory foam pillows have good reasons washing on a regular basis.
Firstly, you deserve the cleanest, freshest sleeping surface for your head. You used to spend every night for about eight hours on the pillow. It should smell its best as well as provide a hygienic and healthy cushion for your better sleep and comfort.
The best sleeping environment at night can ensure a lot with a clean pillow. Your loving pillows may face many irritants elements like dust, mites, and dead cells. No matter the type of your pillow the problems are more or less the same. So, you need to understand the proper way and learn how to clean a memory foam pillow. Usually, the materials of memory foam pillow do not receive such disturbing elements. However, they can stay under the casing, above the inner core, or in the case of micro-particle pillows or shredded foam.
All these most common issues will solve just following a good cleaning step. Besides, at night regular care will give you a pleasant spot to lay your head. The secret of keeping a clean pillow is to have a clear idea about materials. You may have latex foam or polyester fiberfill, solid memory foam, natural down feathers. The best way is to use a removable and machine washable pillow cover to protect your pillow. For best result, the cover should be made from bamboo, cotton or linen-like breathable natural fiber. They are easy to care and wash. You should wash it at least once in a month using hot water. During summer time it should be more often or if anyone is ill.
Do you have solidly molded memory foam pillow?
Naturally, memory foam is resistant to bacterial growth and dust mites, hypoallergenic. However, still, it needed cleaning once or twice in a year. You can apply the same cleaning technique on memory foam with gel inserts, regular memory foam, or gel-infused memory foam pillows.
How to Wash a Memory Foam Pillow
Try to clean your memory foam pillows on a sunny, breezy, warm day. It will hasten drying time.
1. Remove the outer covers of your pillow. This called top layer cleaning. Just tossing the protective cover in the wash.
2. Take some baking soda. Sprinkle your pillow with it. Cover it well. Wait for at least one hour. Gradually the baking soda will start the action. Then vacuum it away. Use the upholstery brush attachment on your vacuum or a hand-held vac. Your pillow will again smell fresh. No pet hair, no dust. All unwanted elements will be removed from the pillow. Flip the pillow over and repeat.
3. Take a small amount of gentle detergent. Mix it in a bowl of lukewarm water to remove all unwanted stains from your pillows. Use a clean white cotton cloth dip into the detergent solution. Then toward the center gently rub from the stairs outside. Keep continuing to a clean clothes area. The stain will slowly be transferred. When the stain will disappear, in plain water dip a clean white cloth. Start blot to remove any remaining soap.
4. Allow the pillow sufficient time to air dry completely. Do you have hurry? Then use a hair dryer carefully set on cool position to dry the area without any concern.
How to do a Deeper Cleaning?
1. Sometimes your favorite memory pillows may need a deep cleaning for the perfect result. Firstly take a small amount of gentle detergent. Fill a bathtub or a large sink with lukewarm water. Submerge the pillow completely. Squeeze gently to move the cleaning solution through the foam properly. Remember, NEVER use this way with a solid foam pillow in a washer. The process can cause the foam to break as in the final spin it is too harsh.
2. Until the water runs clear rines the pillow several times. No wringing. Just to remove the water gently squeeze.
3. On a flat, ventilated surface allow the pillow to air dry on a flat. Never place the pillow in a dryer. The high heat can cause damage. You can use a portable fan to make drying faster. It can take up to 24 hours for a pillow to dry completely depending on the foam thickness.
4. Hang it out to dry. On a sunny day hanging the pillow outdoors is one of the best ways to dry quickly the insides of a foam pillow.
Your sound sleep will be better than before with a clean pillow. Happy sleep time!